Thursday, February 19, 2015

Patel Appointment, Singing To Kristie, Year Of The Ram

Appointment With Dr. Patel
C C Carole joined me for this appointment. I asked if she could come down, I wanted her medical thinking in the room in case she came up with questins I couldn't think of, and she did! Yay! Right now I have to wait for my new Blue Cross insurance to pull through, be off cumadin for a bit, and call Patel when I receive a new card and insurance for my next surgery. He wants to put a graft in my leg, and said I would be in the hospital for a couple days, after he returns from his vacation. I will probably have the surgery in April. I am looking forward to the heated blankets, ice chips, night time graham crackers, and talapia dinners already. I will NOT go in without my phone charger! And I would like to come back to a fairly clean codo, that makes my return more relaxing (and maybe I won't battle off St. Marys "Transition Back To Home" team! Last time I saw Patel he said some major vein by my heart is shot, he clarified that yesterday.

Singing Happy Birthday To Kristie
C C I called Kristie yesterday to wish her a happy birthday and sing to her, but, alas my Texan friend was busy. She was in her daughter's PTA class. I sang on her voicemail, and wished her a happy one. I'll call back today to try to chat for a bit. Her actual birthday is tomorrow, the 20th, but I figured I'd call her before her big day, in case she is busy partying then. I miss her living in Michigan, she was a treat to know and hang out with. One of the most generous, smartest, kindest people I've ever known, and she loved going to the movies as much as I did! Great memories. I first got to know her when we were working at Greenfield Village & Henry Ford Museum. In 1997 we were both chosen to be Christmas decoration putter-uppers. We tweaked trees together, she brought in candy on the first day, shared, and we formed a fast friendship! She moved from Michigan in 2006, to marry a nice guy she met online who lived in Texas.

Happy Chinese New Year
C C 2015, the year of the ram. I made an origami ram, and already found the orgami monkey I want to make for next year. I tried to make Carole a ram, and give it to her when I saw her at my doctor appointment. But, damn, I was on a different origami page than the one I was on Sunday, when I made and sent a ram to Keith. The project wasn't running as smoothly, and I was running out of time. I'll have one for her for the next time I see her, or I'll just send one because it's fun mail, and fun mail always gets a thumbs up! I hope Keith liked the ram I sent him, I hope it wasn't sitting in a waste paper basket by the end of the day! LOL! Which is foolish to say, he always likes things I make him! One of the things I adore about the fella! Heck, EVERYBODY likes receiving origami! It's fun! I want to learn how to make origami out of dollar bills to leave as tips for waitresses.  I should have made a ram for Becky too, my Hungry Howie's delivery girl, a sweet young girl with a baby daughter. If I ever win a huge lotto, she'll finally get a huge tip from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment